Treasure Island

Movie Lines and Quotes

Post a message
  • Martha Ikiring (6/22/2013 7:13:00 AM) Post reply Stage

with a love as deep as the oceans, my heart thrills in the magic of loving you and being loved by you.

• Rokie Nokishi (6/18/2013 8:33:00 PM) Post reply Stage

" Love is patient, love is kind
    Loves a pain in my behind"
    -27 Dresses

• Clarence Prince (6/18/2013 2:24:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I might have posted this before, but I am posting it again: Closeness to God brings out the blessings of God! It has been quoted in My book: MAKE IT TODAY: THE BOOK WITH A VOICE, AND IT'S CALLING...! http://www.poemhunter.com/clarence-prince/

• Sybille Nord (6/16/2013 10:58:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Fanny: " I still don't know how to work out a poem."
    Keats: " A poem needs understanding through the senses. The point of diving into a lake is not immediately to swim to the shore but to be in the lake, to luxuriate in the sensation of water. You do not work the lake out, it is a experience beyond thought. Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept the mystery."

from
    BRIGHT STAR, a John Keats biopic.

A formidable movie, directed by Jane Campion (" The Piano" ;) , evoking a striking and intense atmosphere throughout the film.
    The screenplay uses a lot of original quotes from Keats’ correspondence with Fanny Brawne, the tailoress he was madly in love with. And, of course, a lot of poetry gets recited, too! ;)
    I highly recommend watching this beautiful piece of art!

Replies for this message:
    • Thomas Vaughan Jones (3/6/2014 2:13:00 PM) Post reply Stage

As an afterthought, Keats drowned. Methinks he might have fared better if he'd swum for shore instead of messing about philosophising

• Donnaj York (6/8/2013 11:16:00 PM) Post reply Stage

“Blood may be thicker than water, but it's certainly not as thick as ketchup. Nor does it go as well with French fries.”
    Jarod Kintz

• Nabanita Chatterjee Santra (5/28/2013 4:29:00 AM) Post reply Stage

The human mind is capable of excitement without the application of gross and violent stimulants; and he must have a very faint perception of its beauty and dignity who does not know this.
    William Wordsworth.

• Srimayee Ganguly (5/15/2013 12:36:00 PM) Post reply Stage

" You know what's wrong with you?__Nothing" Audrey Hepburn to Cary Grant in 'Charade'
    " I'm a good girl, I am" Audrey to Rex Harrison in 'My Fair Lady'

• Abdu Musa (5/13/2013 7:09:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Phileas Fogg: I am a British Citizen, I have nothing to fear!
    (Gunshot)
    Phileas Fogg: ... except bullets.

-Around the World in 80 Days

• Julianna O'bar (4/17/2013 9:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

They call me MIS-TAR PIG!
    -Pumba, The Lion King

• Claire Thomas (4/13/2013 3:00:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Now you listen here.Hes not the messiah Hes just a very naughty boy!

[Hata Bildir]