Treasure Island

Movie Lines and Quotes

Post a message
  • Manohar Bhatia (9/2/2013 7:09:00 AM) Post reply

{" The greatest pain in the world is the pain of labor a woman goes through child birth; the biggest pain reliever in the world is the face of the child as seen by the mother immediately after birth.

• Arnab Kumar Roy (8/21/2013 10:55:00 PM) Post reply

" Learn.Write.Inspire" ~ Arnab Kumar Roy

• Charles Monroe (8/9/2013 3:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

" You need people like me... so you can point your ___ fingers and say THAT'S THE BAD GUY... What that make you... good?! ... your not good... you just know how to hide good... ME... I always tell the truth... even when I lie... So say goodnight to the BAD GUY... last time you gonna see a BAD GUY like this let me tell you" . -Al Pacino (Scarface)

Replies for this message:
  • Edgar Stevens Rookie - 1st Stage (8/6/2013 3:49:00 AM) Post reply

Poem Hunter Poetry Contest has officially started. You can enter with your favorite poem now or write a new one and submit it before August 31st,2013.

Prize is $1,000 for the winner and $250 for the 2nd and 3rd place..

You can write in any poetic style and on any subject.

Entering the contest is free.

Details: http://www.poemhunter.com/contest/

• Sibi Sakthi Rookie - 1st Stage (6/23/2013 5:43:00 AM) Post reply

It'sme. I chose this. I chose all of this. This rock...this rock has beenwaiting for me my entire life. It's entire life. Ever since itwas a bit of meteorite a million, billion years ago. There, in space.It's been waiting, to come here. Right...right here. I've been movingtowards it my whole life. The minute I was born, every breath I'vetaken, every action has been leading me to this crack on the outsurface. - 127 Hours

• Martha Ikiring Rookie - 1st Stage (6/22/2013 7:18:00 AM) Post reply

my eyes habour a feeling beyond any feeling known to you, a love both tender and great. so know that each time your eyes meet mine, i love you.

• Martha Ikiring Rookie - 1st Stage (6/22/2013 7:13:00 AM) Post reply

with a love as deep as the oceans, my heart thrills in the magic of loving you and being loved by you.

• Rokie Nokishi Rookie - 1st Stage (6/18/2013 8:33:00 PM) Post reply

" Love is patient, love is kind
    Loves a pain in my behind"
    -27 Dresses

• Clarence Prince Rookie - 1st Stage (6/18/2013 2:24:00 PM) Post reply

I might have posted this before, but I am posting it again: Closeness to God brings out the blessings of God! It has been quoted in My book: MAKE IT TODAY: THE BOOK WITH A VOICE, AND IT'S CALLING...! http://www.poemhunter.com/clarence-prince/

• Sybille Nord Rookie - 1st Stage (6/16/2013 10:58:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Fanny: " I still don't know how to work out a poem."
    Keats: " A poem needs understanding through the senses. The point of diving into a lake is not immediately to swim to the shore but to be in the lake, to luxuriate in the sensation of water. You do not work the lake out, it is a experience beyond thought. Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept the mystery."

from
    BRIGHT STAR, a John Keats biopic.

A formidable movie, directed by Jane Campion (" The Piano" ;) , evoking a striking and intense atmosphere throughout the film.
    The screenplay uses a lot of original quotes from Keats’ correspondence with Fanny Brawne, the tailoress he was madly in love with. And, of course, a lot of poetry gets recited, too! ;)
    I highly recommend watching this beautiful piece of art!

Replies for this message:
    • Thomas Vaughan Jones Rookie - 1st Stage (3/6/2014 2:13:00 PM) Post reply

As an afterthought, Keats drowned. Methinks he might have fared better if he'd swum for shore instead of messing about philosophising

[Hata Bildir]