Treasure Island

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Tacardra Rountree (5/21/2014 3:55:00 PM) Post reply

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Tacardra Rountree. I am the author of Writings from Down Through the Years, which is a compilation of inspirational poetry and readings. Please check out my website: http://www.TBRountree.com
    Have fun reading and writing great poetry! !

• Lovey Canlas (5/21/2014 6:16:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone I'm Lovey Canlas, I've been a member for quite sometime but I only have 34 poems to share, I hope you can read one of them. I love reading poems too, I find it amusing. Good luck to all of us and happy writing!

• Ketan Hukare Rookie - 1st Stage (5/21/2014 5:27:00 AM) Post reply

I have written my feelings about the lost city of Pompeii. All the talented poets can have a watch. Comments will be acknowledged.
    Thank you

• N P. Rookie - 1st Stage (5/20/2014 1:12:00 PM) Post reply

Hi I am a beginner looking for people to critique my work and give me feedback/advice.

http://www.poemhunter.com/nicholas-paradis/poems/

-Nick

• Lee Roberts Rookie - 1st Stage (5/19/2014 1:26:00 PM) Post reply

hi everyone am new to this site feel free to read my poems comment or drop me a line

• Tweetspeak Poetry Rookie - 1st Stage (5/19/2014 7:51:00 AM) Post reply

Enjoyed reading through some of the introductions.

I'm L.L., the Managing Editor at Tweetspeak Poetry, where we read and write poetry together and altogether try to create a poetic life. You might know of us from seeing either Poetry at Work Day (January) or Take Your Poet to Work Day (coming again in July) . Or maybe you've heard of the Great Poetry Dare, which has just been so much fun.

I saw one of you is trying sonnets. We have a very amusing infographic on sonnet writing called The Art of a Quatrain Wreck. And another of you writes ghazals (we have a fun infographic on that too and I suspect we could learn something from the ghazal writer here! :) Another of you is new to poetry. Welcome. Such a potential life changer.

I look forward to getting to know you and thinking on poems and poetry with you.

• Micha Memory Asime Rookie - 1st Stage (5/14/2014 10:47:00 AM) Post reply

Hi folks. My poems may not seem much and mean much...but I will like you to read it anyway...and all comments are welcomed. Thanks.

• Talab . Rookie - 1st Stage (5/12/2014 2:58:00 AM) Post reply

Hi folks. I write ghazals now though earlier I used to write English poetry. Ghazals somehow afford more freedom of expression is what I feel. All reviews, critiques, tips and comments are always welcome. That, I believe, is how we grow. My nom de plume is Talab, which means thirst in urdu. You can read all my ghazals at www.poemhunter.com/talab

• Leylek D. Sovura Rookie - 1st Stage (5/11/2014 9:22:00 AM) Post reply

Hello fellas,

an introduction is something, i think is kind of overrated. The poems we write show faccets and truths about us.
    SO i thought, if you want to see, what kind of a human i am, you should totally read some of my poems.
    I warn you. Many are dark, some are poorly written and there are some grammatical mistakes, but i do not regret posting
    eveb one of them.

Tl; DR: Read my poems; if you have some time comment on them; I am in your care. Ty.

• Jason Lee Rookie - 1st Stage (5/10/2014 7:52:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I am new to this website. Actually, I'm new to poetry altogether. I tend to like the ones that rhyme. They seem so beautiful.

Anyways, I was feeling really emotional today and I decided to write poetry on a whim, which has produced the 2 poems that I have up now.

So here I am! Any tips or critiques are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

(Yes my poems are depressing. I apologize. It's because I'm very depressed and suicidal.)

[Hata Bildir]