Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Gold Star - 12,268 Points Mohammad Skati (8/27/2014 9:09:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Please read my newest poem called " THE WASTELAND " and some other poems. Thanks.

• Gold Star - 12,268 Points Mohammad Skati (8/27/2014 9:09:00 AM) Post reply

Please read my newest poem called " THE WASTELAND " and some other poems. Thanks.

• Rookie - 0 Points Marcus Scott (8/25/2014 3:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello, everyone,
    My name is Marcus Scott. I am a freelance Chinese/Japanese/Spanish]English translator and an amateur poet, composer and video game fanatic. I have always been interested in the written word and in what it reveals about souls, both our own and those we encounter throughout our life's journey. I feel privileged to be able to share my work and my thoughts with you, and look forward to seeing your works. Most of my work centers around love and self-awareness, though sometimes the themes get quite dark, touching upon such subjects as death, vengeance and madness. However, I do intend to branch out an experiment with my poetry, and am excited about doing so even as I sit here and tell you about it. Thank you so much for reading this message, and I cannot wait to see what this community has to offer!

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 0 Points Mohammad Skati (8/27/2014 9:11:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, Marcus Scott. You're welcome in this website. Just go ahead and show all you have. Thanks.

• Gold Star - 12,268 Points Mohammad Skati (8/25/2014 10:28:00 AM) Post reply

Please read my new poems and comment on them. Thanks.

• Rookie - 0 Points Ron Marcus (8/24/2014 11:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

What follows is a poem deadicated, to a dear, lost friend from Emerson college, who in great literary signifigance introduced me to the great
    persona work of John Berryman, & the literary fireworks of his spectacular 'Dreamsongs.

For Susan Whittaker

Death comes again with a flood of wings
    lost comerade oh so mind!
    down the 'rabbit hole'
    with no valid reason
    , other than the bewildered spiral
    of the unexplainable journey, itself

Leapyearing the memories come out blind & screeching
    like so many startled bats
    out of the violated sanctuary
    of their emptiness-filled caves

like something inexplicable
    out of a rocket scientist's handbook
    no doubt propelled, by the probing vastness of the sheer hysteria
    of some distant, dwindling
    long ago, barely whispered tale of insecure redemption

the Regrets
    on the other hand
    come on like worn out phoenixes
    who are far too ashamed
    , to rise up
    out of the sobering wreck
    of their spent ashes
    which smolder amid the pantomined silences

When in point-of-fact
    its like pretending to use Fire
    as a cry for help
    when its only a mere excuse
    , to burn the bankrupt landscape
    Down

By Ron Marcus

• Rookie - 0 Points Joanna Kotsoni (8/29/2014 6:48:00 PM) Post reply

Such a beautiful poem! I loved that part so much: " the Regrets on the other hand come on like worn out phoenixes who are far too ashamed , to rise up out of the sobering wreck of ... more

• Rookie - 5 Points Kusum Gokarn (8/23/2014 1:30:00 PM) Post reply

I enjoy reading poems old and new on poemhunter.com pg.
    I would also like to contribute some of the poems written by me in English.
    Best wishes
    Kusum Gokarn

• Gold Star - 12,268 Points Mohammad Skati (8/23/2014 9:44:00 AM) Post reply

Please read all my poems and comment on them. Thanks.

• Gold Star - 12,268 Points Mohammad Skati (8/22/2014 4:25:00 AM) Post reply

I love to be known by other members of this great site to enrich it with all we have. Thanks.

• Gold Star - 33,367 Points Aftab Alam Khursheed (8/21/2014 10:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Greeting for the day- Hi- I am AFTAB ALAM the meaning of AFTAB is SUN and ALAM is the world I write in English- as khursheed(SUN) and in HINDI Or URDU as DARAVESH (THE SAGE) I am born-Indian and belongs to Eastern part of it called JHARKHAND the state is full of mines the treasure land its capital is RANCHI there I resides its my birth place...I have worked in INDIAN AIR FORCE and then I joined politics and again I joined Ministry of Defence as an Defence AUDITOR..I am an ENGINEER and then did Master in English My village name is PRASTOLI.. My date of birth is 15 APRIL 1967 Saturday..I have blessed with Two Daughter and Two sun named- Daughter -SHAISTA AFTAB, Shiekh HANNA AFTAB, Son- PARDAZ AFTAB and Shiekh AGHAZ AFTAB

• Rookie - 39 Points Black On Black Arts (8/19/2014 8:36:00 AM) Post reply

hi please check out my new poems defining moment and kissing a fool please do me the honor of rating and commenting your feedback will be greatly aqppreciated

[Hata Bildir]