Treasure Island

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Jon M. Nelson (1/27/2014 2:12:00 PM) Post reply

I was born and raised in Minnesota for the majority of my life until I joined the Army at 20 years old back in 1996. Since then I have called many places home and have traveled the world on several occasions, and I am still proudly serving today. I have just recently srttled down in Clarksville, TN. In my spare time, when I'm not busy as a soldier, I share my deepest and personal thoughts in the form of poetry. I have written many poems to honor my brothers and sisters in arms, but I have written so much more than that. Whether it's a love poem for my wife, a spiritual salute to God, a praise to children and family, or even an inspiring tale to uplift humanity, I feel my poetry touches on so many subjects that can be read and shared by so many audiences, even if they've never been a fan of poetry. I hope that my writing will in some way make an impact on the world, and make it a better place, even if it can just change or inspire one person.

http://jonmnelson.com/

I have written a couple books of poetry: Changing Moods, was released in 2010, and Reflections Of Life, was released 2013.

• Arshad Arshad (1/25/2014 9:23:00 AM) Post reply

Poem

I am crow

I am the bird, but crow.
    Blessed with black, i know.

I belong to the pageant of birds
    Which are called by many words.

I do sing my own lay;
    I also welcome the day.

I fly; i rejoice in the breeze.
    I play; i leap in the trees.

I take delight in spring;
    I like the snow, falling.

Alas! I am not hailed at the door;
    They shoo me away to soar.

I am cursed; i am much hated,
    For i am black, so ill-fated.

• Sonali Ganguly (1/25/2014 3:08:00 AM) Post reply

i would appreciate your valuable remarks on the poem i've posted recently i.e-" on your birthday" .

• Maryanne Richards Rookie - 1st Stage (1/24/2014 6:47:00 PM) Post reply

For the last thirty years I have tried to understand the world and my place in it. Things didn't make sense until I came across J Krishnamurti, which changed my life immediately.
    My poems reflect what I have found.

• Sonali Ganguly Rookie - 1st Stage (1/23/2014 6:44:00 AM) Post reply

hello friends, i'm sonali ganguly.writing poems is my passion. i try to penpicture my thoughts often.i started writing when i was 14, gradually continued, my urge to share my thoughts with all made me post some of my poems here, i would love to know your valuable remarks on the poems that i've recently posted, one is " home sweet home" , another one " love junction" .

• Kavi Akbardeen Rookie - 1st Stage (1/22/2014 5:09:00 AM) Post reply

I am writing poems from the age of seven. Most of my poems were published in News papers in Malaysia and some in Tamil Nadu. I write poems in all genres. I am trying to write lyrics for Tamil Movies. I always look for philosophies in a word to give a new meaning to the word.In my love is kind I say love is born from the word kind. True love is inseparable.-Kavi Akbardeen 22-1-2014

• Ruth Verch Rookie - 1st Stage (1/19/2014 1:45:00 AM) Post reply

Hey I'm Ruth Verch. I'm pretty new to this site. Check out my poetry let me know what you think. I'll be posting more soon right now I have 6 poems up. So take a peek! :)

• G A Rookie - 1st Stage (1/17/2014 2:42:00 PM) Post reply

My pen name is Job Foster (don't ask me why) I have written two poems, Memories and A Man. I would love it if you guys posted your comments about them, I am just an amateur and I would like to get someones honest opinion about them.

• Thomas Vaughan Jones Rookie - 1st Stage (1/17/2014 9:26:00 AM) Post reply

Hello. I don't have the patience to write a book, so I have to be content with presenting little tales in rhyme. I haven't mastered the forums yet, so please forgive me if I don't always reply to comments.
    Hugznstuff
    Tom

• Iirshad Kaukab Rookie - 1st Stage (1/17/2014 8:53:00 AM) Post reply

Hi @ all. I write poetry.and I feel poetry is the way of expression. what you are trimg to state in poetic way. that should be impressive and strong

[Hata Bildir]