Treasure Island

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Daryl Gaines (12/18/2013 9:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and I'm just sort of navigating my way around trying to learn the site. I'm going to start posting some of my poems shortly and I would love it if you all could give me some honest critiques and review them for me. I figure it's time to start getting some objective point of views. So far I've been told my work is pretty good but I think it's time to get some real opinions from people who can give me some experienced feedback and ratings. Thanks in advance

Replies for this message:
  • Melissa Robinson (12/17/2013 12:46:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I haven't had very many people read my poems. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys read my poems, rate, and comment on how you think
    i did. Thank You.!

• Cornell Sandifer (12/16/2013 6:53:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Well to do to all my new poet friends there's nothing like a poem to change the prevailing winds, always be positive in lending a hand it can only help your own poetry in the very end. i have been writing a little more than year and hope all enjoy my poems

• Johann Thorarensen (12/15/2013 3:32:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello all you out there.

Have started posting some of my poems. Have always been writing and believe in sharing whatever we learn in order to make the world a better place. By sharing we may reach a better understanding of each other. Hope you enjoy the poems.

• Amitava Sur (12/13/2013 8:26:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello - all respected poets oh PH, in the recent past I have written some poems with some message in it, You may read them 1) ONE WORLD WITH ONE RACE 2) SONNET: RARE BREED.& 3) SALVATION & 4) UP TO YOU.And at the end give your valuable comments along with ratings. I'd love to have your comments.

REPEAT- PL. DO READ MY POEMS, I'm sure that you'll not be disappointed.

keep well with peace & happiness,

Amitava sur.

• Ayanda Marotya (12/13/2013 5:45:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey I'm kinda new here I would love it if you checked out my poems. Thanx

• Thomas Ware (12/9/2013 10:51:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey I'm Thomas Ware. I've been on Poemhunter, posting poems for something like a year, two years. I just never really discovered the forum until now, I'm not much for forums. I have about 35 poems published, which is only the poems I thought were worthy of being put on the internet. I've written like 15 or so others that I deemed not good enough and scrapped. Please come check out my profile and comment, rate. I'd love some constructive criticism. However if you don't like morbid or dark stuff don't torture yourself, that's my main subject matter. Thanks for reading this.

• Derek Smith (12/6/2013 12:33:00 PM) Post reply Stage

i am paapa esuman... i write what i see and feel within and around me... got more interesting poems try to read them.

success they said can be found in education
    that is the only master key
    to develop and build a wealthy nation
    but that is not free

the impoverish can't afford it
    only attained in schools
    acquired by financially fit
    only comes out to be fools

forgetting wisdom supersedes all
    knowledge gotten through learning
    ignorance makes them fall
    failing to receive understanding

wisdom brings authority
    power remains knowledge
    education seeks vanity
    leaving you in bondage

wisdom is not in the classrooms
    neither found in schools
    we sweep it always with brooms
    and remain fools

wisdom lie waste on the street
    reaching men to be wise
    calls out with special treat
    for fools to rise

letting them shine to His glory
    and humbles the pride
    they tell a new story
    and forget the tears they 've cried

wisdom remains the creator's gift
    gotten from life lessons
    not meant for the subtle and swift
    to the humble is a blessing

seek wisdom more than education
    to build a great empire
    not a wealthy nation
    wisdom should be our greatest desire

• Mary Amrutha (12/6/2013 3:37:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hey am Amrutha.I'm from kerala.
    I love writing poems like you all do

• Doris Cornago (12/5/2013 3:12:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello. I am new here and just walking around to imbibe the rarefied air. I am being fitted into a round peg for Key Difference and I needed the breather. Please feel free to comment on my poems. In fact, I would appreciate constructive criticism. This could be a mutual thing. Don't be surprised by the age - I am a reincarnation of a long line of writers (majority of whom are poets, some are cats) . Thank you.

[Hata Bildir]