Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Suman Kumar Das (10/28/2013 11:00:00 AM) Post reply

Dear Respected Poets,

This is Mr. Suman Kumar Das, a new aspiring word-smith, from Odisha, presently residing in Kolkata, India. From the very childhood, a deep passion towards the world of poetry, has made me put a few words of my imagination & experience in white paper. Sometimes my pen paints the contemporary picture of the society & other times love and romance. Till now I have composed over 300 poems, which have published in different magazines. My endeavuor is always to create something new which will touch the heart of the respected reader.

I am grateful to all our great poets & the entire team of www.poemhunter.com for providing such wonderful e-platform where I can share my unspoken feelings with the universe. I look forward to receiving your valuable viewpoints; Comments as well as Compliments.

Warm Regards,
    Mr Suman Kumar Das

• Lanaia Lee (10/27/2013 1:19:00 PM) Post reply

Lanaia Lee Lanaia Lee was born in 1957 to a Navy father and a schoolteacher mother who home-schooled her. In second grade, she was reading on a 4th grade level, so they moved her to a private school to enhance her education. When she was nine years old, her mother died from a massive stroke. Because her father was rarely home, her grandmother, a professed black witch, gained custody.

my website www.lanaiaslair.com

Lanaia Lee was born in 1957 to a Navy father and a schoolteacher mother who home-schooled her. In second grade, she was reading on a 4th grade level, so they moved her to a private school to enhance her education.

When she was nine years old, her mother died from a massive stroke. Because her father was rarely home, her grandmother, a professed black witch, gained custody.

When Lanaia was 14, her grandmother abandoned her, and she landed in foster care where she had four different sets of foster parents within a year, because she kept running away to avoid men who attempted to molest her. At age fifteen, she went to boarding school on her dad's GI Bill. She graduated in her junior year after which she drifted, living with various people with neither a family nor a home. At eighteen, she married and divorced having three miscarriages. By nineteen, she began working in management for convenient stores and restaurant chains.

She remarried at age 30, then had a stillborn daughter a year later. Five years later, her husband left her for a seventeen-year-old. She filed bankruptcy, and one month later suffered a massive stroke, which, after seven months in the hospital, put her in a wheelchair.

The next two years involved intensive physical therapy, but she would never walk again. She took the step of finding work to help her rehabilitation. She found employment at vocational trades where she met my soul mate, David, also in a wheelchair from a motorcycle wreck he sustained in 1984. They married in 1992 and are still happily married.

They, too, lost two children due to her disease, erratic hypertension. She and her husband live independently, and she still drives.

In 2001, David dared her to write a poem. Out of curiosity, she posted it in an online poetry forum. The feedback was so positive, she kept writing. At first, she wrote just poems, then short stories and finally novels. All of her work is typed one-handed because of her disabilities.

Lanaia gives credit to the grace of God which has helped her overcome immense adversity, hold her head high, and she claims she won’t quit until she hits the best seller list

I am represented by publishing house Donnaink Publications

• Shane O Brien (10/23/2013 9:23:00 PM) Post reply

from a broken heart, a lost friend face, to the death of somone you can never replace poetry seems to have it all, hope you enjoy these paragraphs of my take on the world

• Joe Toe (10/22/2013 6:04:00 PM) Post reply

Hello writers, poets and artists I'm a North of England writer and I'm really interested in
    reading a wide variety of new poetry from other writers. This is new territory for me
    so here's to new discoveries and maybe new friendships of the literary kind.

• Satyn Dedalus (10/21/2013 1:35:00 PM) Post reply

Greetings, fellow poets and/or writers of any genre. I am a poet under the pseudonym 'Satyn Dedalus'. I think I deserve your attention. Take a look at my blog. Yes, I am frank.

I would highly appreciate advice/criticism on my poetry or prose.

Woundedthing.wordpress.com

Still,
    Satyn

• Prince Fuo (10/21/2013 9:28:00 AM) Post reply

Helo poets, searching for new friends

• Edwina Du Casse (10/21/2013 1:19:00 AM) Post reply

Greetings everyone,

I am a new member- I am a poet/artist/photographer- etc, I live in NSW- Australia-
    I am still finding my way round this website ask how do I post some of my poetry here, and meet some of you.
    I already have some work published in hard cover, & on the websites. www.booksie.com/poetlife (My pen-name is poetlife.) I am also on facebook.
    Look forward to meeting you.
    Bye for now, remember the saying the pen is mighter than the sword.

• Apilang Apum (10/21/2013 1:19:00 AM) Post reply

hi iam newly introduced...i want to start writing poem

• Indranil Bhaduri (10/16/2013 12:47:00 PM) Post reply

Respected fellow poets,
    It is my great pleasure to share a simple poem on female infanticide (END OF EXISTENCE) with all of you. Please read, vote and express your valuable opinions. This is also my humble contribution to the PH poetry contest.

LINK: http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote-final/end-of-existence/

Warm regards,
    Indranil

• Jack Growden (10/16/2013 3:14:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, please read my collection. I have received quite a lot of positive feedback so your comments and ratings would also be greatly appreciated. To start with, I would recommend " The Willow" , " Autumn Leaves" , " Driftwood at Sunset" , " Fletcher" and " The Sweatshop" . Thank you sincerely for supporting a young poet! Jack Growden

[Hata Bildir]