Treasure Island

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Femi Ashamo (4/12/2013 7:02:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Good day everyone! I am femi from Nigeria, I recently became a member on this illustrious site and I must say I am pleased to be among such an array of talent. I invite you all to read and comment on my poem titled “A cynic on his death bed“ thank u all and I luk forward to our further acquaintance.

• Roxanne Dubarry (4/10/2013 1:01:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Dear PoemHunter friends, I am also fairly new to this site, and do not know how to make comments on other people's poetry. I consider myself: a self-taught, inspirational mainly Christian poet, who also writes non-Christian poetry. I have been writing poetry as an adult about 1984. I used to write poetry with my deceased mother, Eleanor May Dubarry, deceased June 4, 2007. I have written mainly holiday poems in the past for relatives, along with my mother. We have been published in some poetry anthologies.
    My top rating has been mainly: Honorable Mention, semi-final status. I used to attend Calvary Baptist Church, the members there were very supportive of our poetry.
    I now attend Faith Lutheran Church also in Everett, Washington. I write monthly poems for their newsletter, and they have published three poetry booklets, that I have co-written with other poets: my mother, Mary Clifford and Greg Richardson: The Candlestick Collection of Fine Poetry #1, V is for Victory, and Apples of Gold. I also enjoy writing short stories. I sing in a few singing groups, The Sunshine Singers, The Old Time Country Music Association, and my church. I do not know the rules of the road for poetry, would anyone like to help guide me?I am very happy to be on a website with such gifted poets! Love As Always Roxanne Lea Dubarry

• Benjamin Michael Clark (4/9/2013 5:07:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hi, everyone! I'm a poet who went to college for creative writing at Oswego State University of New York. I am not just fond of poetry, I also like: Painting, screenwriting, short stories, animation, sculpture, music, etc. I invite you all to come check out some of my work and let me know what you think of it! I will return the favor

-Ralph Abate

• Briana Reed (4/9/2013 3:16:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, but not new to the idea of poetry. I really enjoy reading and writing poems, especially love poems. There is nothing like a poem that your lover gives you and to know that they wrote it especially for you makes it all the better! Whatever the occasion, anniversary, birthday, or just because, I have the poem for you! Visit fiverr.com/articleloverrr for a customized love poem...
    Thank you guys!
    HELP ME HELP YOU

• Anthony Burge (4/8/2013 4:30:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hello fellow scribes, I'm new to this forum and look forward to exploring and expanding my creative writing skills through immersion.
    Saltwater observations inspire me to write, wether on, in, under the ocean or in country by lands edge.
    I am lucky to be living in the remote north east Arnhem Land region on Aboriginal Land having relocated with my family from the eastern suburbs of Sydney, Australia.
    I was raised with the ocean as my playground and I'm never happier than when I have the land at my back and the sea out in front.
    This new chapter in my life sees me living alongside Australia's traditional indigenous land owners.
    Living with the Yolngu people, aka the Saltwater people has been a truly spiritual experience that has given me further insight into my heartfelt connection with both land and sea.
    I try to engage the full gamut of emotions in my writing and feel equally at home exploring both light and the dark.
    I wish to explore new genres in this forum and will add to my works from time to time.

'I wrestle with words be they spoken or inked.
    Happy to share and hear what you think.'

Looking forward to reading your works.

Regards; Anthony Burge

• Anthony James (4/8/2013 2:56:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Howdy,

I'm Anthony.

I write to calm the rage...

• Vanessa King (4/5/2013 4:13:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I'm new to this site, and just have out two poems up, which I consider to be quite personal, but I've done it now. I'm not sure how to 'promote' them, or for that matter how to get anyone to read them. So if anyone wants to have a look, and give me a critique or comment, I would be very thankful. Vanessa King

• Drew Johnson (3/29/2013 3:17:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I have been writing poetry for some time, but I have never had the opportunity to be read outside a small peer group and for constructive criticism on anything I have written. I hope to be publishing as many poems as I can on here. So please read my poems (and hopefully enjoy them!) . Moreover, I will appreciate any criticisms, revisions, or advice given to me! Thanks!

• L.a.h. - Love_and_hate_ Lyle Ashwyn Holland (3/28/2013 11:27:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey fellow poets!
    Nice to see some great poetry from yall, as usual.
    I've just come back to drop new poems,
    There will be more coming soon though, bet on it.
    I've been gone for maybe 5-6 months since my last poems.
    Definitely making some progress though.
    Those who are familiar with my work, Hello again!
    Please check out my 2 latest poems,

" Cursed With A Blessing"
    &
    " Hello & Goodbye" _

Both generic but personal, yet remains beautiful.
    Just needed to vent a bit.
    Would highly Appreciate it if you'd take the time to read,
    And real-ate(relate) on this food for thought_

Those who are not familiar with my work, Hello to you too!
    And check out the latest and every other.
    Thank you!
    I'm L.A.H. & I'm out! Peace!

• Neven ivanisevic (3/21/2013 1:22:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello.
    My name is Neven and I am very happy to be here. I love reading poetry and I am thinking about writing my first poems here.
    Greetings from Canada.

[Hata Bildir]