Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Bronze Star - 5,417 Points Roseann Shawiak (6/29/2013 8:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts! Have been in the hospital since May 2 when I had surgery. On May 22nd had another emergency surgery and ended up in
    ICU - was on life support - a very scary time. It's taken a while and I'm okay. Hopefully will be out of medical rehab in a few weeks. Miss you all. Thank you for your wonderful comments, I greatly appreciate them. You are all so thoughtful! Poets usually are though! !

Didn't forget any of you, just couldn't get on computer at the hospital to keep in touch with everyone. When I get home for good will get back to reading all of your great and inspiring poetry. Can't wait! !

They only let me out of rehab. on a 4 hour pass so I have to get back now. Am looking forward to hearing from you all. Take care and God Bless you.

RoseAnn V. Shawiak, Poet

Replies for this message:
  • Bronze Star - 5,417 Points Survi Sharma (6/27/2013 2:59:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

a kind appeal to everyone, as i cannot message to everyone, please read my poem HUMAN SPECIES, its the request made by someone who is not in this world now.
    do comment and vote.
    I am waiting.

• Rookie - 5,417 Points Jenie Franksay (6/25/2013 2:14:00 AM) Post reply

hello everybody,
    myself jenie franksay. i am new here.
    my poems are my works of art
    straight from heart.
    i need your feedback to enhance my poems.
    please visit my page and give your comments.
    thankyou.

• Rookie - 5,417 Points Itai Oscar (6/22/2013 9:25:00 AM) Post reply

Hey Hie!
    Itai Oscar is my name, I'm just a simple youngman who love to inspire people through words. I'd like to invite you to visit my page. Would be glad if you comment and rate my work.
    Thanks!

• Rookie - 5,417 Points Rumi Roy (6/19/2013 6:27:00 AM) Post reply

So many talented poets, can anyone guide me to write something?I have been an avid reader but never tried myself. Need friends in the poetry world... Rumi

• Rookie - 5,417 Points Tracy Bechard (6/18/2013 9:11:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone.I am looking forward to sharing wonderful words, silly songs, pity poems, tall tales and interesting ideas.I am a very silly person.I do not like anything sad, so I guess I already lied.I do have an open mind, and I am well aware of sad things, I hear sad news, hear sad songs, and I see so many sad people.And I will listen with empathy, always. But I do not like sad.The poems I write are usually weird.I write poems about ordinary items or movements.I like to rhyme my words so they sound silly.Here is a sample. Sitting here in a chair it knows about my underwear.That's okay, but when I go.There's no one else that needs to know.

• Rookie - 0 Points Justin Ashford (6/17/2013 5:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

To all you Poets out there your poems are your poems, it is what it is, they are what they are, keep writing and enjoy.

Justin Ashford

• Rookie - 0 Points Kaydian N. Kerr (6/15/2013 4:38:00 PM) Post reply

Hi ya all!
    I'm Kaydian N. Kerr, often called Missi K, or jus Kadi or KK.

I'm new here, so please feel free to message me. Also, do check out my page and read my poems as I'll do yours.

Thanks!
    I anticipate hearing fro you all.

God bless ya!

• Rookie - 0 Points Joycelyn Mullins (6/10/2013 10:24:00 PM) Post reply

Hello,

My name is Joycelyn Mullins, everyone calls me Joy. I've been writing poetry since I was a child. Here is a sample:

Guard Your Heart

When it comes to matters of the heart
    Sometimes the pain has no limit
    and it just...
    lingers
    To know how another heart truly feels is like asking God " When will I die?" or " When will your Son return?"
    It's a mystery it seems, you'll never truly know
    Be careful what you put in your heart, it makes up who you are and what you'll become
    I beg of you, guard your heart like a newborn baby among wolves and like a dying animal in the prescence of vultures

• Rookie - 48 Points Joey Jones (6/3/2013 3:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello, Hello!

My name is Joey Jones. I am at best an armature poet. I recently started writing again after taking 20 years off from it. I have no accolades or degrees in literature just a simple poet and special education teacher. Since October of this year and the passing of a good friend I have spent most of me free time reading and writing poetry. I began posting and reading at a different website but it was riddled with bugs and didn't work half the time. I recently found poemhunter and think I may have found a new home. I may write about anything and everything here is one of my rhymed poems though, I don't always write rhymed it was a fun one to write. I often write in formed poetry or free verse. I am not perfect with my grammar and occasionally misspell a word. Feel free to message me with a critique or of you need something that I can help with let me know. My page is:

http://www.poemhunter.com/joey-jones/poems/

I am
    I am the eclipse that makes you blind,
    a dark shadow cast upon your mind.
    As you try to escape into the light
    I'll serve as a reminder of the night

I am the scent of your blooms decay
    a putrid aroma from your lost bouquet.
    As from my dreadful stench you bolt
    I'll engulf your being until you revolt

I am the bitter you find in your sweet,
    an aftertaste from your spoiled meat.