Learn More

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Rookie Arabella Picken (8/3/2013 4:08:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi everyone.

My name is Arabella and I'm 16 years old. I come from London and am new to writing poetry.
    Please could you take some time to read my poems and maybe leave a comment. I adore writing
    poetry and it is my dream to become a famous poet and have people love my work.

Thanks in advance,
    Arabella Picken

• Rookie - 207 Points Jack Growden (8/2/2013 2:54:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! ! I am a young, aspiring poet. Feel free to rate and comment on my pieces. Thanks, Jack Growden

• Rookie - 0 Points Nicholas. B Fielding (8/2/2013 12:17:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Evil’s Romantic Notion

A lion’s breath sees evil waiting,
    frosted by the windows paling
    Waiting crouched and ready still,
    for evil from your mouth to spill

Awaiting a closely quarted malice,
    inside the place you hold so deep,
    Deep in your heart, yet you frighten
    Fear enact by love,
    yet frightened by what love means

Growing yet more fearful,
    by the thoughts of what will be,
    you cannot help but feel the forces
    evil as they seem attractive, take it
    for it is the form of what will be

Inescapable the love and fear,
    like a poison drank and not yet treated
    Intoxicating, debilitating,
    patiently waiting to ease the pain,
    flowing in your blue line vein

No movement dare you take,
    whilst the lion lies in wait.

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie - 207 Points Jack Growden (8/1/2013 5:35:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! ! ! I am a young, aspiring poet. Please feel free to rate them and comment your thoughts. Thanks, Jack Growden

• Rookie - 97 Points Indranil Bhaduri (7/31/2013 5:28:00 AM) Post reply

Dear All,

Greetings.

I am a junior member of this forum aspiring to write poetry which are very simple in nature. I cordially invite my fellow poets who are reigning here with their fantastic creations to read my pieces and express their opinions. It will be a learning process for me.

My link: http://www.poemhunter.com/indranil-bhaduri/

With deep regards,
    Indranil

• Rookie - 207 Points Jack Growden (7/31/2013 1:11:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! I am young and aspiring to be an author! Be sure to rate and comment as you go, kind regards, Jack Growden

• Rookie - 0 Points Sean Cunningham (7/30/2013 5:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I've recently joined poemhunter and have posted a few poems as of now, I do have more to add and shall do when I can. I like to write across a variety of poetic forms and themes. I hope you will take the time to view my poetry and thankyou!

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie - 207 Points Jack Growden (7/30/2013 4:42:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! I am a young, aspiring poet so rate and comment as you see fit. http://www.poemhunter.com/jack-growden-2

• Rookie - 207 Points Jack Growden (7/30/2013 4:42:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! I am a young, aspiring poet so rate and comment as you see fit. http://www.poemhunter.com/jack-growden-2

• Rookie Steve Downes (7/29/2013 10:42:00 AM) Post reply

Not sure if I've done already (if so please ignore) , really must buy a memory...but here goes anyway
    Steve Downes (me) is a novelist, playwright and poet with 20 yrs writing experience (although it feels like 21) , I have 4 collections
    published: The Pagan Field 1996, Ghost 2000, Side-angles 2005, Urbania 2010 and one Novel: Cosmogonic Marbles
    always available to chat and read your work
    write like you mean it and enjoy

S.

[Hata Bildir]