Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Joshua Crumpton (4/15/2012 4:02:00 AM) Post reply

Darkness
    Riddles of the mind, riddles of the heart.Sympathy is blind, but i guess it's a start.
    Dreary windows of a soul tainted, left so impure.Is it possible for a demon to be sainted?I'm not really sure.
    Impulsive actions and agony seems to be the toll.Drenched and weary, destruction of my very soul.
    Discontent with all the masks that I use, to cover the real me.I'm pitiful in this darkness, yet I can't seem to flee.
    I can't escape this vile place, deep within.So I wait in this darkness, for my soul to feel somewhat complete again.

• Daniel Northcutt (4/12/2012 11:11:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, my name is Dan. I live in a small blue collar town that is largely devoid of people who appreciate art. Therefore my only recourse is the internet. I have often visited poem hunter to find established and published poems or poets, but I recently discovered the member poetry section and was so moved by the submissions that I decided to join. I very much look forward to meeting other poets and poetry lovers and exploring ground level possibilities within the medium.

-Dan N.

• Lane Vincent (4/11/2012 8:41:00 PM) Post reply

hi, I`m Lane hope to meet a few people, I write lyric and play guitar some.

• Barbara Nixon (4/11/2012 12:06:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, my name is Barb, and I'm from Ireland. I've just recently started to write again, as I was busy with life and all the boring stuff that goes along with it lol. I've always loved literature, especially the old classics, Bronte, Austen, Wilde, Hemmingway etc. Look forward to reading everyone's posts, seems like a great site.

• Katie Moore (4/11/2012 2:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I don't spend a lot of time here like a lot of people do. I sometimes feel a bit intimated by other poets and poems. Most poems are very deep and you can tell take a lot of contemplation. My poems are not at all deep or thought provoking and the poets are very very serious. Mine are short, short poems that are really quite shallow. At any rate, I have posted only a few because of this. By the way, I could still use some friends anyway.

Replies for this message:
    • Daniel Northcutt (4/12/2012 11:16:00 PM) Post reply

I know exactly what you mean about feeling intimidated by some of the talent on display here. I heard once that the smartest people surround themselves with people who are even smarter, and it is thro ... more

• Dorje Tenzing (4/7/2012 4:29:00 PM) Post reply

I doubt this would even count as a poem. This poem is intended for the self immolations that Tibetans are committing to themselves in face of injustice and intolerance from the Chinese government. I can assure you nowhere in Tibetan culture are suicide or self immolation justified. The harming of one's own body corresponds to the same message as Christ's " The Body is God's temple" analogy. The Self Immolations the world is witnessing is nothing but acts of desperation and an outcome of years of desperation, oppression and cultural genocide.

Here's my five lines:

" There is light in this dark tunnel,
    but alas it's from the fire
    that my brothers and sisters have
    chosen to burn themselves with, so
    the rest of us can find our way."

• Danjosh Zeus (4/7/2012 5:44:00 AM) Post reply

GOOD DAY TO ALL POEM HUNTERS! IM NEW HERE AND I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU ALL IF YOU DONT MIND TO DROP A BIT IN MY PAGE: http://www.poemhunter.com/danjosh-zeus/
    AND READ SOME OF MY NEWLY compose poems...i need your comments to improve my writings more better! any comments will be of a great help and deeply appreciated!

• Gicaniro Will (4/7/2012 4:52:00 AM) Post reply

Otherwise the clock seems to tick slower; well, tomorrow’s long queue might flush longer. better sign in to my poems don't miss this one. hahaha!
    but still to all poets there keep the spirit!

• jas Cagz (4/6/2012 5:21:00 PM) Post reply

Jas Cagz just passing through'
    Saying a quick hello to you and you,
    I'd be very greatful if you commented on my stuff'
    Right I'm off now people that, s enough,
    Just leave, s me to say and this I swear'
    To one and all take good care.

• Michelle Cook (4/5/2012 9:14:00 PM) Post reply

hey people, my names michelle and i'm a 13 year old aspiring writer. writing poetry is my escape from the rest of the world. please read my poems and comment, thanks :)

[Hata Bildir]