Treasure Island

Publishing

Post a message
  • Poemhunter Moderator (10/18/2011 2:12:00 AM) Post reply

Call for Submissions: tinywords

tinywords is an international, daily magazine of haiku and micropoetry.
    tinywords seeks submissions of poetry and prose for an upcoming issue on the theme of 'Journeys'. Previously published work accepted, but unpublished is preferable. No simultaneous submissions. Send 1-5 pieces via online form.

Editors say, 'We're looking for haiku, tanka and other tiny poems, short tanka prose and short haibun that take us somewhere: physical journeys, journeys of the spirit, life journeys. We're also interested in haiga and other art that combines very short poems with art. Surprise us with something exotic or let us see the familiar anew.'

Deadline October 24.
    for more details visit: http: //tinywords.com/submit/

• Claude Davis III (10/1/2011 5:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Does anyone know if there's a way to get a poem or two published for free. Because I have one poem that's pretty popular and I googled one of the lines and a lot of people are kind of taken it as their own or just changing one or two lines.

So I figured it might be worth getting it published haha

Replies for this message:
    • Jeremiah Walton (10/24/2011 1:52:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I run a poetry contest at www.nostroviatowriting.com It can be published on my site or posted in the forum to add more online presence. Of course you will receive credit for the publication on the we ... more

• Kiyaga Lyttle Cephas (Kay) (9/26/2011 4:35:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Among the poetry, which is your best and favourite poetry type, Reason...?

• Branden Aeling (8/19/2011 10:16:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

good question indeed, if anyone knows a publisher who would look at my poems i would be obliged, but i don't want just any publisher, i want one who sees my talent, not my pocket book

Replies for this message:
    • Patrick Allen (10/25/2011 12:21:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Yes! Absolutely there is a publisher just for you. You should investigate BRISTLY PINE PUBLISHING and have a look at what they are doing for poets to market their work.

• Ebi Robert (8/11/2011 12:33:00 PM) Post reply Stage

IO want to publish my work but since i have not any cash, how can i get a publishing company to negotiate?

• Ace Of Black Hearts (6/27/2011 7:28:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I thought I should post link that leads to a partial book Lonnie Hicks is writing that gives advice on publishing.

http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/how-to-get-that-book-published-and-not-lose-your-soul/

• Jett Wells (6/23/2011 9:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Anyone heard of other sites like InkPop.com having real publishing house editors look at your work? I want to find more sites like this.

[Hata Bildir]