A Farmers Repeat
I've muzzled a cow
I've plowed a mule
I've filled my barns
With hay, corn, peas and beans.
I've owned many acres
I've walked every lot
I've cared for each criter
Although sometimes stretching my means.
I cared not to compete
I cared for the human race
And this my beautiful County
I lived to feed.
I've now ridden a tractor
I've plowed every furrow
I've irrigated and furtilized
And on every row I planted a seed.
I've climbed a few mountains
I've driven trucks and cars
And even have crossed
Rivers and streams.
I've seen the sun rise
I've seen the sun set
I've even humbly lived
By some of my hopes and dreams.
I've flown on an airplane
I've rode on a train
But my family morals and values
I've loved and kept just the same.
I Honor our Creator
I salute our future Farmers
For I learned from the ground
That Life in every way is revealed.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farmers Repeat by Cecelia Weir )
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- An Agreement To End Stupidity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- On the other side of known reality, Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)