A Farmers Repeat
I've muzzled a cow
I've plowed a mule
I've filled my barns
With hay, corn, peas and beans.
I've owned many acres
I've walked every lot
I've cared for each criter
Although sometimes stretching my means.
I cared not to compete
I cared for the human race
And this my beautiful County
I lived to feed.
I've now ridden a tractor
I've plowed every furrow
I've irrigated and furtilized
And on every row I planted a seed.
I've climbed a few mountains
I've driven trucks and cars
And even have crossed
Rivers and streams.
I've seen the sun rise
I've seen the sun set
I've even humbly lived
By some of my hopes and dreams.
I've flown on an airplane
I've rode on a train
But my family morals and values
I've loved and kept just the same.
I Honor our Creator
I salute our future Farmers
For I learned from the ground
That Life in every way is revealed.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farmers Repeat by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer
- Praying Peace, Aftab Alam