A Happy New Year
Happy New Year
All over the world
Well does heaven rejoice, too.
Or is it our way
Of showing Him
That we're joyful
Over things we expect Him to do?
We make so many preparations
Just to celebrate
And be exceedingly glad.
To see another year
With new and old friends
But how long
Will this attitude last?
Happy New Year
Are we really sure
That anyone can depend on us?
For happiness should be continued
Everday within our hearts.
But the first day of January
We live to make a new start.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Happy New Year by Cecelia Weir )
- LET PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA COMPLY WITH.., alexander opicho
- Khak me mil jaye ya..., Azhar Sabri
- Coding By Instruments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Coming Out, Edward Kofi Louis
- Teachers Of Peace, Edward Kofi Louis
- Under Tree Tops, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Friendship Falling Into Love!, Kamini Arichandran
- In Your Neighbourhood, Edward Kofi Louis
- COPLA 114 CONCLUSION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Heal The World With Love, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)