A Real Friend
A promise never to leave that took her breath away.
His gentle, caring words that brought her sweet dismay.
The way he tried to gain her trust and made her feel defenseless.
He was the one she'd been waiting for though, to this, he was still clueless.
The way he broke down past her wall and caressed her broken heart.
In her life, he definitely is the most important part.
The genuine worry, the honest concern, and the need to protect.
She trusted him soon, opened up, and felt pieces of her heart connect.
Finally, finally, after stumbling through life.
After all the pain and all the strife.
She had finally found a true, real friend.
Who would stick with her until the end.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Real Friend by Asami Kiyoko )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Church Street Bomb blast, Gert Strydom
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Merger, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Naat-Zaufishan Nabi Hayn, Akhtar Jawad
- Extension, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Of the old church, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Who will sit when bound to lose?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Jewelry of the heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My throat sings not more, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To begin with, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Into deep light, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Small perversion In repetition, Emmanuel George Cefai