A Real Friend
A promise never to leave that took her breath away.
His gentle, caring words that brought her sweet dismay.
The way he tried to gain her trust and made her feel defenseless.
He was the one she'd been waiting for though, to this, he was still clueless.
The way he broke down past her wall and caressed her broken heart.
In her life, he definitely is the most important part.
The genuine worry, the honest concern, and the need to protect.
She trusted him soon, opened up, and felt pieces of her heart connect.
Finally, finally, after stumbling through life.
After all the pain and all the strife.
She had finally found a true, real friend.
Who would stick with her until the end.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Real Friend by Asami Kiyoko )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Bed! To Bed!, David Lewis Paget
- Lie, Sydney Bramer
- Christmas Holiday Thanks, louis rams
- Worthless, Sydney Bramer
- Wishing..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- I Do Love, michael walkerjohn
- My Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- Christmas Holiday Guest, louis rams
- Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- I Thought of You Today, Vera Sidhwa