A True Friend
When you go through your tribulations
You'll see who your true friends are.
The ones who loved unconditionally
Without casting judgement.
The ones who are there in your darkest hour
Helping you get to the other side.
You'll also see the friends
Who abandoned you,
Leaving you there stranded and hopeless.
Never really caring
About the person they got to know
But condemning you for the stigma,
That you finally showed.
You'll find out who your true friends are.
Though it will take pain and heartache,
Will be there
To share with you, this better day.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A True Friend by Chris Cariad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time and Man, Victor Cruickshank
- Pond in Winter, Frank Avon
- This Poem Is Written From The Silence Of.., Shalom Freedman
- Pepsi, Victor Cruickshank
- Midnight Milking, Victor Cruickshank
- Fun, Victor Cruickshank
- Not So Funny, Orlando Belo
- Hairy Hare, Victor Cruickshank
- My Sadness, Jesus James Llorico
- Fight, Victor Cruickshank