Acceptance Of Your Good Self
You're trying to help you.
Don't get offended by your own thoughts
Guess who gets hurt, first?
Your thoughts isn't birthed
Just for mental contemplation
But Thought gives birth to change.
Never be afraid to change
More Opportunity and Prosperity lives there.
Love, Progress and Success engulfs you
All because of the favor of God.
But you've got to love you enough
To accept just who you are
And it all stimulates and proceeds
By your acceptance of your good self.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acceptance Of Your Good Self by Cecelia Weir )
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)