Land of sirens shattered, evil and bestowed Lavish and forgiving.
Homeland to many, Home to few.
Seeking Fame treasuries, under silence.
Tainted moonshine dreams.
Land of silent thunder and blinding lightning.
The way we live.
The way we die.
Republic under siege, and fire.
Dream big: seem bigger.
Raise rooftops; smoke of fire.
Intelligence divine, growing health.
Illuminates under dark skies, furious and stolen.
Images of the night scene, alcohol-burning retinas. Cigar tainting lungs.
Land of eternal debt for fossils.
Eating dirty stairs, climbing to new heights.
Lonely under crosses.
Cotton candy zealousness.
Dreaming, infinitely unsettled. Promised and found beauty.
Insearch of a dream. Sparkling destinies.Hated sundown. Every fading fashion, halting delight.
Collaboration lacking CEO's.
America; Awake and looking. Profound Mysteries.
Sebastian JohnstonLindsay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America! by Sebastian JohnstonLindsay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Elephant - best creature, gajanan mishra
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Autumn Leaf, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Lonely Flower, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Oh Soldiers, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- My Freedom Song, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- two way life, Somanathan Iyer
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Shooting and Terrorism, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Wish and desire, Somanathan Iyer