He came on the battlefield,
Ripped down the villains,
Won the fair lady’s heart,
Lived up to the fairy tale standards.
But then the power was overwhelming,
It took control over him
All the subjects were dreary
The household in deep darkness
Briars increasing, spreading.
The only color left was in the Joker’s aura
Playful, cheerful but smart
Witty, silly but sly
Every briar he passed turned into a rose
Light engulfed the darkness anywhere around him.
People smiled in his presence
And in the king’s court he dazzled
Won the fair lady’s heart
Helped her out of her misery,
but darkness wants to prevail!
Challenges were laid in his path
Successively beating down each,
Now the joker is on the battlefield against our hero
It all begins with heroism
But it all boils down to tyranny.
That’s the king’s battlefield.
That’s our lives’ battlefield.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Battlefield by Dipali Unadkat )
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai