Between The Covers
I have plucked
Every primrose and daisy
Sprouting in myriad colours
On every wild vegetation,
Grown around my neighbour’s fence.
I have also plucked
All the flowers on my path
In their youthful fragrance,
Of spilled out pollen,
And in their sealed-dreams,
Clinging intimately to the
Tender stems of unknown creepers.
I don’t know
For whom they bloomed,
For the hot Sun?
For the cool Moon?
Or for the soothing South Wind?
The flowers have never complained,
Either loud or in whispers,
I have not cared to heed
Their effeminate indignation
Against my reckless passion,
I have also not spared
All the early flowers
Of Spring and Summer
Grown in the distant meadows
Only to press them for you
Between the covers.
R.K Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between The Covers by R.K Das )
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath