'Bouquet of Flowers'
“Bouquet of Flowers”
The bouquet of flowers
assume a lone place on the table,
bright, yellow and pink daisies
with just the perfect amount of greenery.
The vase is special.
Elongated, heart-shaped, elegant.
The sun shines through the crystal glass
and mingles with the stems set in water,
magnified illusions of what?
Love? Adoration? Romance?
The card lay beside the fresh bouquet,
faded- yet still legible-
“Amazing Flowers… for an AmazingGrl…I Adore You! ”
Your heart skips a beat
every time you pass by them,
for they are the most beautiful flowers anyone has ever given you-
Actually, the only flowers.
And though not very often, it’s your own tears
that stain the words on the card-
It is the most special gift, from a special man.
And you wish they’d last forever…
Like your love.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Bouquet of Flowers' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Obligation Of Friendship, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Finer Thought, Edgar Albert Guest
- Things That Haven't Been Done Before, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Vow, Edgar Albert Guest
- Loving memories, Elena Sandu
- An Easy World, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest
- Gratitude, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Eternal Poet, Sandra Feldman
- Challenge, Edgar Albert Guest