Bunk of Junk- a daughter
Her emaciated frame, cowers in this basement tonite
Dim lit by a butane flame, yer junkie glow delight
Record player in the corner, stolen Salvation Army
Playing the same Lou Reed bullshit dank n endlessly.
Writhing on a piss stained mattress
and clutching on to an old birthday card from mom
that she would hang with toothpaste, if that was something she needed
never you mind beside, it would look to pathetic just Christly hanging there
all by itself oozing down the wall on a glob of crest, with no other cards to visit.
she thought it beautiful that damn card in fleeting lucidity.
This blight the butts of cigarettes dancing along the floor in various positions
almost look as though they mattress the needles strewn about in a pigs quarters.
One abcess two abscess three abcess four. Now she needs a little more.
Crows eyes almost, ashes beneath fingernails, sores and ribs,
I'd tell her to eat a hamburger, drink a lousy mr pibb
a pile of someone's daughter left here to again score. so sore.
Now she's so stinking sucked into the suck of her next fix.
Happens not soon enough, now this charred up spoon, a vein to find tough..
Sixteen not so sweet dirty bag buyin, snuffed...
Sick shes sick and chokin now she's dyin
but no hospice respite for this one.
Blind eyes are useful for the judgemental man not cryin.
Is she dead? should we call her? The EMTs barely care or bother
But she hears them hazy and grins because she wasn't a dumpster dumped junkie.
That's good enough. She delights in a pathetic ideal. Pathetic ideals are why she keeps that card and why she'll barley live to writhe and wretch another day.
Princess LilyPad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bunk of Junk- a daughter by Princess LilyPad )
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
- Trust, fiona sinclair
- Wonderland, fiona sinclair
- Inherited Friend, fiona sinclair
- The Quiet Room, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)