(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
(cel) ....Memories...Die Slowly
When you died...it was not at
that moment, that you were
completely loss to me.
For death...is arrived through one
forgotten memory at a time.
When I left the cometary and came
home, you were still there. Your being...
your laughter...your love...filled our home.
I went to the closet...reaching out...and wrapping
my arms around your clothes. Your scent...
you...were still in them. Slowly, I slumped
to the floor. Seated and hunched over
your clothes, with my arms still wrapped around
them. Wept, as my body ached to hold you just
once again. Just one more time, to kiss
your lips and feel your love.
Nightfall. I lay upon our bed. I could
feel you there. Fighting back the thought,
'how long...how long before I would no
longer sense you here.' I knew that each
day that passed...I would lose some of who
I closed my eyes and as sleep came, I
found you in dreams of love; the beach,
movies, concert, a candle lit dinner, a
song of love, a touch...an embrace
to last an eternity. I woke...a tear upon
my cheek. No...no...you're not here.
In a world without you, I must...
hold tight... 'to the dream.' To you.
Days...weeks...months, pass. You are
still within me, but I can not feel the comfort
of your presence. People...things...life,
seem to be smothering thoughts...
moments with you.
I try to ignore life. I try to stay in the past...
with you. Life...living...is dragging me away.
It begins to cloud, some of the
more distant memories, of who we were.
So it begins...losing you...bit by bit. The
music we loved...danced within me.
Then...as the fading of a summers night,
it slowly began to disappear,
into the light of reality.
Each day I dread the part of you, that
will not return from the past. Places in the past,
that are slowly being dimmed
in the fog of yesterdays.
Some memories may fade...but you...
you my love...shall forever remain
in my heart.
Nothing is the same...without you.
Until another time. Another place.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((cel) ....Memories...Die Slowly by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Deepavu Ninnade.. Gaaliyu Ninnade.., K. S. Narasimhaswamy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable