D Darkness …
Darkness crawls towards you, emitting horror
You are scared, fearful
What would happen if fear went? Just gone?
Flying out of our souls. Gone.
Jumping, naked, off a cliff
Diving deep under water for a dare
Yourself in the snow, sitting, silently with only shorts and a belly top
Is this fearlessness or stupidity
What if fear IS common sense? These things aren't stupid now, are they? They are fearless. They aren't brave.
Braveness is only possible with fear.
These actions are fearless
Without fear we are stupid
Cleverness and fear are what makes up common sense
Fear is needed
A world without fear is a world of fools
You ain't no fool…..
You know we need fear, don't you?
marriam anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (D Darkness … by marriam anderson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(15 April 1958)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The Ghost Ship, Alicia Elsbeth Stallings
- From Within, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crestfallen, Phil Soar
- Hedonism, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afshan Ahmad and The Terrorists, Akhtar Jawad
- My lovely Muse from Venus, Yor Nella
- Egoism, Edward Kofi Louis
- Caroline, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Silent Love, Phil Soar
- Dream (landless Zimbabweans), Wensislaus Mbirimi