D Darkness …
Darkness crawls towards you, emitting horror
You are scared, fearful
What would happen if fear went? Just gone?
Flying out of our souls. Gone.
Jumping, naked, off a cliff
Diving deep under water for a dare
Yourself in the snow, sitting, silently with only shorts and a belly top
Is this fearlessness or stupidity
What if fear IS common sense? These things aren't stupid now, are they? They are fearless. They aren't brave.
Braveness is only possible with fear.
These actions are fearless
Without fear we are stupid
Cleverness and fear are what makes up common sense
Fear is needed
A world without fear is a world of fools
You ain't no fool…..
You know we need fear, don't you?
marriam anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (D Darkness … by marriam anderson )
- i'm a french braid you unravel, Mandolyn ...
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzae Chevalier
- ROBIN WILLIAMS IS A LIGHTWORKER, Suzae Chevalier
- Doing My Best, Kyle Schlicher
- Beloftes, Madrason writer
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)