Humor is your greatest defense
but the irony has had a bitter influence—
it’s turned compassion inside out
renting more space to doubt.
A heart’s reserved for a lover’s voice
not the angry guilt of sour ploys.
Under the guise a constant lacks—
fallen beneath clandestine cracks.
You don’t stand the test of time
situations find the better rhyme.
It wasn’t a long way down is what I’ll report;
in fact the trip was rather short.
Fighting so long to keep out the darkness—
now you’ll never know what you’ve missed.
No one broke you the news:
baby you were born to sing the blues.
One track keeps repeating in your soul—
while it takes a physical toll.
And in your mind the cleverest confusion:
a slowly unfolding delusional illusion.
s./j. goldner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delusional Illusion by s./j. goldner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bears and Ladders, Stephen Katona
- Gentle Rain Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- A Buddha in the Heart of the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- I Watched In Wonder, Kyle Schlicher
- Snowflake Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra