Humor is your greatest defense
but the irony has had a bitter influence—
it’s turned compassion inside out
renting more space to doubt.
A heart’s reserved for a lover’s voice
not the angry guilt of sour ploys.
Under the guise a constant lacks—
fallen beneath clandestine cracks.
You don’t stand the test of time
situations find the better rhyme.
It wasn’t a long way down is what I’ll report;
in fact the trip was rather short.
Fighting so long to keep out the darkness—
now you’ll never know what you’ve missed.
No one broke you the news:
baby you were born to sing the blues.
One track keeps repeating in your soul—
while it takes a physical toll.
And in your mind the cleverest confusion:
a slowly unfolding delusional illusion.
s./j. goldner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delusional Illusion by s./j. goldner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Anti-social, Gillian Commerford
- Over crowded, hasmukh amathalal
- أمطار الدم, سميح القاسم
- Voices, Gillian Commerford
- The strength is, gajanan mishra
- Alone, Gillian Commerford
- Being To Dawns And Clouds Blind, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky
- I Did Not Seek The Other Forune's Favor, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky
- باتريــس لومومبا, سميح القاسم
- After Love, Gillian Commerford