DO I BELONG?
I have coined subtle words,
Framed robust sentences
And idioms unique
In my private fantasy but
They miserably ditch me
At the fateful moment
When I wish to confide that
Carefully pronounced words fizzle out
Under the feather-weight
Of nocturnal dreams
Nourished in the womb
Of a barren Autumn.
Faint beams of a pestering hallucination
When I don’t know
What is what?
I have rehearsed in vain
And carefully designed dialogues
In the privacy of my greenroom,
For I cannot look eye to eye
When most wanted.
R.K Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DO I BELONG? by R.K Das )
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- Life, John Mamhungaire
- Secret Garden, Gary Hembree
- सांसो की ना जाने कहाँ रफ्तार गई?, Aftab Alam
- head for the hills!, Macy Dvirnak
- तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय, Aftab Alam
- मैं क्या सोंचता हूँ, Aftab Alam
- NOT FAR OFF: A NEW BEGINNING, M.J Donnchadh
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom