I am evil because I love too much,
wanting those I love to keep in touch;
I am evil that I dare to care,
evil that I'm always 'there';
evil. I invite insult;
evil; I deserve the hurt.
I am evil that I wish to protect;
I am evil that I cannot neglect
the needs, or those I mis-perceive
in those who have no need, it seems.
I am evil that I wish to say
how much I love someone today.
I am evil if I self-protect
with reason, tears or intellect.
I am evil if I should expect
love back; for I deserve neglect.
I am evil that I may press on;
for evil people should be gone.
Tara McHale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (evil by Tara McHale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal