The fog presses against me.
I look around, but I see only the fog.
So quiet I can hear my heart beating in my chest.
Hurried footsteps break the silence.
The sound echoes around me.
I turn around and around, looking for the source of the sound.
But see no one.
I continue to search the fog for someone, anyone.
Suddenly, the fog before me separates and a silhouette appears.
He is looking around frantically, but then his eyes fall upon me.
And then he is running to me, calling my name: 'Rose! '
He stops before me and sweeps me into his arms.
He then holds me at arms length.
'You scared me, Rose, ' He whispers to me.
He lowers his face to mine and our lips touch...
... And before my eyes, the man I loved, turn to ash....
(Written: November,1st 2010)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Kiss by Diana Young )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis