The fog presses against me.
I look around, but I see only the fog.
So quiet I can hear my heart beating in my chest.
Hurried footsteps break the silence.
The sound echoes around me.
I turn around and around, looking for the source of the sound.
But see no one.
I continue to search the fog for someone, anyone.
Suddenly, the fog before me separates and a silhouette appears.
He is looking around frantically, but then his eyes fall upon me.
And then he is running to me, calling my name: 'Rose! '
He stops before me and sweeps me into his arms.
He then holds me at arms length.
'You scared me, Rose, ' He whispers to me.
He lowers his face to mine and our lips touch...
... And before my eyes, the man I loved, turn to ash....
(Written: November,1st 2010)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forbidden Kiss by Diana Young )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Can Love Save The World?, Ronald Chapman
- Brand New Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Good-bye Windows XP, Roy Blokker
- Realy enjoying THAT 'last slice' - OF B.., sEaN nOrTh
- Brain Freeze, Ronald Chapman
- Writers block in July, Matthew Holloway
- Birds Flying High, Ronald Chapman
- August 1914, John F. McCullagh
- Between the Lines (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Quiet Pretty Flower, White Lily