Freedom Isn’t Free
I have always thought those
who say “Freedom isn’t free”
were such idiots.
I mean freedom is simple.
It’s the mere allowance of the
human culture to accept differences.
It is the wars we fight for the
so called freedoms that are complicated and costly.
Whatever justifies a good reason,
to sacrifice ones freedom toward
a war few walk away from.
And at the end of this war,
there will be no true change in society.
We will still have a diverse world,
seeking their own freedom.
We will still have the same old
disagreements and feuds.
So to the men who say “Freedom isn’t free”
I will laugh.
Christopher Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom Isn’t Free by Christopher Cariad )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Those Ignorant Steps, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pen Me Passion, Shania K. Younce
- Curiosity's Appetite, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do Bad Things happen to good people?, Shania K. Younce