Robert Christopher Spinelli
Life is a wondrous fucked up journey in which we must jump hurdle after hurdle, avoid roadblocks and open ourselves up to those who matter along the way.
We must find love and hold on to it for as long as possible, be strong and never back down to a challenge, and help all the people we can as we go.
I am with loved ones this Thanksgiving and it makes me happy to sit back and relax. In my post thanksgiving feast, I sit passing out and flash back to the past 5 years of my life.
I've done allot, been through allot and have lived some very happy and very sad moments.
I haven't had the best of luck lately and have faced a large amount of adversity but I still feel in the end that I have much to be thankful for.
We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
For everything I have, I am truly thankful.
I only want for the true path to enlightenment, full monetary comfort and a love that lasts.
I will do anything and everything in my power to deserve these things.
Not just to find them and have them but to DESERVE them.
Robert Christopher Spinelli's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giving Thanks by Robert Christopher Spinelli )
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Raleigh
(1552 - 1618)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)