Robert Christopher Spinelli
Life is a wondrous fucked up journey in which we must jump hurdle after hurdle, avoid roadblocks and open ourselves up to those who matter along the way.
We must find love and hold on to it for as long as possible, be strong and never back down to a challenge, and help all the people we can as we go.
I am with loved ones this Thanksgiving and it makes me happy to sit back and relax. In my post thanksgiving feast, I sit passing out and flash back to the past 5 years of my life.
I've done allot, been through allot and have lived some very happy and very sad moments.
I haven't had the best of luck lately and have faced a large amount of adversity but I still feel in the end that I have much to be thankful for.
We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
For everything I have, I am truly thankful.
I only want for the true path to enlightenment, full monetary comfort and a love that lasts.
I will do anything and everything in my power to deserve these things.
Not just to find them and have them but to DESERVE them.
Robert Christopher Spinelli's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giving Thanks by Robert Christopher Spinelli )
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)