Robert Christopher Spinelli
Life is a wondrous fucked up journey in which we must jump hurdle after hurdle, avoid roadblocks and open ourselves up to those who matter along the way.
We must find love and hold on to it for as long as possible, be strong and never back down to a challenge, and help all the people we can as we go.
I am with loved ones this Thanksgiving and it makes me happy to sit back and relax. In my post thanksgiving feast, I sit passing out and flash back to the past 5 years of my life.
I've done allot, been through allot and have lived some very happy and very sad moments.
I haven't had the best of luck lately and have faced a large amount of adversity but I still feel in the end that I have much to be thankful for.
We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
For everything I have, I am truly thankful.
I only want for the true path to enlightenment, full monetary comfort and a love that lasts.
I will do anything and everything in my power to deserve these things.
Not just to find them and have them but to DESERVE them.
Robert Christopher Spinelli's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giving Thanks by Robert Christopher Spinelli )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson