'Hamburger With Beans'
Baseball season day one
floods my mind with
snapshots of baseball moments.
Old time ballplayers
like Cobb and Ruth and
Rose and Ripkin.
Personal heroes like
Kaline and Cash and
Mickey Lolich and Kirk Gibson.
Most of all the new season
takes me back to
my nine year old self.
Playing catch with
learning to love baseball.
Virgil was a D-Day vet and
I was his only child;
we both loved dogs, and baseball.
Dad taught me how to
catch and throw and
cook hamburger with beans.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Hamburger With Beans' by C.S. Warn )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- My Night and Morning Crap, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Remember Me, Sammi Jorgensen
- A Mother and Her Teen.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- MY LIFE, Sammi Jorgensen
- When I Was Depressed, Hailey Stump
- Change, Sammi Jorgensen
- Stand up to them, Nicola Kelly
- Growing old sucks, Nicola Kelly
- Say, Hailey Stump
- Raindrops of my tears, Nicola Kelly