'Hamburger With Beans'
Baseball season day one
floods my mind with
snapshots of baseball moments.
Old time ballplayers
like Cobb and Ruth and
Rose and Ripkin.
Personal heroes like
Kaline and Cash and
Mickey Lolich and Kirk Gibson.
Most of all the new season
takes me back to
my nine year old self.
Playing catch with
learning to love baseball.
Virgil was a D-Day vet and
I was his only child;
we both loved dogs, and baseball.
Dad taught me how to
catch and throw and
cook hamburger with beans.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Hamburger With Beans' by C.S. Warn )
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns