The air is sweeter with your scent,
The grass is greener when you’re near,
And though your image came and went,
My vision of you still is clear.
A fairy came and told me of
A woman in the land of gold,
And said that I would fall in love,
And with her live until we’re old.
Some irises and oleander
I gladly gathered up for you,
But they could not surpass your grandeur,
For you are like a dream come true!
I’ll roam the hills and rippling rills,
Picking vibrant wildflowers,
Until my basket overfills,
And all my pleasure overpowers!
O darling, I’d do anything
To touch your glowing, radiant face,
To watch you dance and hear you sing,
And feel your gentle, warm embrace.
Our lives are short and filled with pain,
So come away with me, my love—
We’ll swirl in the sun and run through rain!
We’ll twirl through heaven high above!
Joshua Dinkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (High Above by Joshua Dinkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deliverance, JRose Sanders
- Only answer, hasmukh amathalal
- Mirrored Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- insert emotion here, Mandolyn ...
- Prince Johnson's Cannibalism, Richard Thripp
- Rain Colors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- THE BEATLES' MEDICAL PROBLEMS, Richard Thripp
- The black color, hasmukh amathalal
- Inner Wastelands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildly Spinning Dirt Clod, Monk E. Biz