I don't need a Revelation.
>So you push, drag, shout, revolt.
I sit at home and watch.
My new book is very good,
The only reason I
Haven’t really done anything in days,
A few hours of solitude,
Can’t stop the nostalgia for
The long nights spent
Drunk or bored,
I can’t let go until
I move on and I can’t move on
Until I leave.
Angry with your nonchalance
The decisions weren’t well
Informed, hindsight is an unwanted gift.
The pink shirt was a better deal than the black,
The manager a greater asset than the state
But things can’t change so there’s
No point in a revelate.
Emer Lyons's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I don't need a Revelation. by Emer Lyons )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie