I don't need a Revelation.
>So you push, drag, shout, revolt.
I sit at home and watch.
My new book is very good,
The only reason I
Haven’t really done anything in days,
A few hours of solitude,
Can’t stop the nostalgia for
The long nights spent
Drunk or bored,
I can’t let go until
I move on and I can’t move on
Until I leave.
Angry with your nonchalance
The decisions weren’t well
Informed, hindsight is an unwanted gift.
The pink shirt was a better deal than the black,
The manager a greater asset than the state
But things can’t change so there’s
No point in a revelate.
Emer Lyons's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I don't need a Revelation. by Emer Lyons )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- In The Past I Never Saw, Karen GonzalezVidela
- More Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Phantom!, Denis Martindale
- Combing Interior Forces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Songs of A Bull Frog (Part Three) .., Merton Lee
- Awesome Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fluid Insturmental Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Satisfied, Robert Ronnow
- Ones Parents, michael walkerjohn
- Fascinating Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak