A Poet Who Loves To Sing ....AlvesHolmes (Baltimore, Maryland)
I Sing A Sad Song
I sing a sad song for the cold, lonely
Moments no one will admit to aloud.
I sing a sad song for all of the broken
Wrought by circumstances beyond
I sing a sad song for the faces pressing
Against the window panes in longing.
I sing a sad song for wild anticipation
Of days that never come.
I sing a sad song for the telephone
That never rings enough.
I sing a sad song for dreams woven of
I sing a sad song for all of those who
Waste time, singing sad songs!
(Dorothy Alves Holmes)
A Poet Who Loves....)
Poet Other Poems
- ! 104 Haiku Mother with Ducklings
- # 12 Haiku Baby - Baby - Baby
- # 62 Haiku Winter Night
- # 79 Haiku Water Fall Concert
- # 86 Haiku Snow Bound Solitude
- #100 Haiku Hitch Hiker
- #108 Haiku 'Within Us'
- #11 Haiku Spring Is Here (3)
- #11 Haiku Spring Is Here (2)
- #110 Haiku The Smile Of Summer
- #111 Haiku The Heart Cannot Be Silence...
- #113 Haiku In Search of Peace
- #114 Haiku Hues of Autumn
- #127 Haiku Jeweled Butterfly
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.