I Was Raised by Poem
I was raised by soul food cooking.
Talking while eating
come on down an get your self a plate
Kind of women.
'girl laid back and let me braid your'
Some longlegged, shortlegged
Kind of women.
Dark brown, hip shaking
' I know I look fine tonight'
Some coffee sipping
Not getting married to soon
Better say yes sir
To him type of brother
Some hip shaking, leg swinging
Kind of women
Type of sisiter
Some hands swinging
Hands on hips
' Don't mess with my baby'
Type of women
World traveling Type of queens
My family raised me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Was Raised by Poem by Courtney Jones )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...