I Was Raised by Poem
I was raised by soul food cooking.
Talking while eating
come on down an get your self a plate
Kind of women.
'girl laid back and let me braid your'
Some longlegged, shortlegged
Kind of women.
Dark brown, hip shaking
' I know I look fine tonight'
Some coffee sipping
Not getting married to soon
Better say yes sir
To him type of brother
Some hip shaking, leg swinging
Kind of women
Type of sisiter
Some hands swinging
Hands on hips
' Don't mess with my baby'
Type of women
World traveling Type of queens
My family raised me
Courtney Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Was Raised by Poem by Courtney Jones )
- My Labour and Thy Favour, Aftab Alam
- I am Young, Aftab Alam
- My Breakfast, Tony Adah
- Idiotic bribery, SALINI NAIR
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)