Warped mind they say,
not conniving, not charlatan.
Simply delirious, unhinged.
Brain pea sized, shrunken or
beneath sane convolutions,
thriving for balance,
on precipice of life.
Solitude beckons, like no Eden
with no nasty folk goading you,
into more madness just for laughs,
and high and mighty, rarified,
don’t cast you off as nature’s gaffe.
In the lunatic asylum where,
the last trace of sanity is
smothered and buried,
I have gone missing,
to seek my mind’s liberty.
Wandering alone, not truly so,
cavalcade of voices follow,
talking to me, about me,
whispering in the breeze.
My blood be slobbered hands,
wiping over my stripped overalls,
to no avail, as hands remain bloodied
and clothes spotless.
“I killed you” I shout and scream,
only scaring birds out of their roost,
yet the paranoia of deceit and death,
as I walk through an apparition,
melting in hazy mist.
Walking to end of life’s miseries,
to stretch over the cliff edge,
to feel the clouds, to fly,
to breathe for the last time,
the cold biting air as I dive,
Akshaya Pawasker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Insane by Akshaya Pawasker )
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )