Irony’s subtle lessons…
What a joke.
Irony doesn’t know subtlety.
It blatantly beats you senseless…
It revels in your sorrow.
It’s got me on speed dial.
I’ve been playing a song that doesn’t even want to be
And it’s given me the music.
The one’s we’re closest to
Are its favorite tools.
It lets your fucking heart bleed all it’s got…
On the wrong altar.
It smirks when you take up that knife,
It knows you can’t.
It shows you a door you’re too smart to open.
But there are no other doors.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ironic disposition by Thom Isaacson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- With fires in heaven, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I met a man with orange hair, Richard Lee
- What Is Life?, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The world is not in ruins, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Vineyard, Naveed Khalid
- Love The Train Set, Margaret Alice Second
- A God-Game..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- job hunting (in our household), lee fones
- The Seasons Within Us, Melissa Furey
- Writer's Block, Roilynn brown