RoseAnn V. Shawiak
As I close my eyes and watch the world within spin and
play to tunes of my soul's desire, a peace descends
upon me and life outside my body stops for a while.
Swirling, turning towards inner rhythms with an all-
encompassing wonder, I dance serenely with life and
it's moments of total, joyful privacy.
No one can touch or come near when I am with myself
Promises, vows, oaths, nothing to take seriously or
curse - the only thoughts walking about are quiet in
Filled with the prospect of beauty, voices of inner
tranquility proclaim an innocence of all who enter
their own private domains in times of eternal sadness.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Joyful Privacy by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra
- Misogyny, Pius Didier
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers