Just a Memory of Old Times
I feel like I'm losing it all,
As my friends grow up and move off.
Why am I still standing here
Watching the world pass me by?
I don't want to be the one lost,
To be just a memory of old times.
What's holding me back?
If you have the answer
Please help me, and fast.
In my heart I am ready to run.
Ready to be free and live.
But all I know is this small town.
I try so hard not to disappoint,
But life must start or die.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just a Memory of Old Times by Chris Cariad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- الجناس, Abdullah alHemaidy
- world, Samuel Temidayo
- A Carl Andre Sampler, Paul Geiger
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Nothing to my sleep!, Gedion Onyango