Many make their vows to the church
To marriage and to honest work.
Some more sucessul than others
Even for this people will make you hurt.
They will say you think you're something
When all you did was try.
They will have you all alone
They want you to sit and cry.
Some give their lives to the Lord
And somehow forget to live it.
But when it comes down to your wrong
They won't let you forget it.
We wonder why so many
Expect so much from somone else.
But leave their own religion
On some old dusty shelf.
But deep inside we know
That prayer is what they need.
And hopefully they will understand
That God is love indeed.
You can't let idle gossip
Cause you to put on a show.
For then those who will observe
They sinner they would not know.
So keep your head up high
And remember to wipe your foot.
For no one desires applause
From someone whose full of soot.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Live It by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Brocades Spilling Out From Your Baza.., mary douglas
- In A Sugared Quiet Lit By Multicoloured .., mary douglas
- Go on freely, gajanan mishra
- Mirror image, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver