Many make their vows to the church
To marriage and to honest work.
Some more sucessul than others
Even for this people will make you hurt.
They will say you think you're something
When all you did was try.
They will have you all alone
They want you to sit and cry.
Some give their lives to the Lord
And somehow forget to live it.
But when it comes down to your wrong
They won't let you forget it.
We wonder why so many
Expect so much from somone else.
But leave their own religion
On some old dusty shelf.
But deep inside we know
That prayer is what they need.
And hopefully they will understand
That God is love indeed.
You can't let idle gossip
Cause you to put on a show.
For then those who will observe
They sinner they would not know.
So keep your head up high
And remember to wipe your foot.
For no one desires applause
From someone whose full of soot.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Live It by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- War is going on, gajanan mishra
- I Live Like a Dog, LUVinThe NOW
- Morning and morning, gajanan mishra
- You Will Wake Up In The Garden, Ismim Putera
- Prime Truth - 18, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 17, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fear and Fright, Ismim Putera
- A Thousand Faces, Cheyenne Doss
- "...from neck to nuts", Jeff Gangwer
- They Have Been Sleeping in the War Zone, Ismim Putera