Tammi Celina Lyons
Lost My Best Friend
What have I done?
I made this happen
And now you won't talk to me.
This life won't be the same.
You're the missing piece
That I've been looking for
In a friend
And I just ruined that.
I'm so sorry.
My stupidity took over,
I wasn't thinking.
Losing you is like
I'm living in hell.
Can't you tell?
I'm miserable without you.
You were my best friend
And I guess this is the end.
I just lost you
And now I will never forgive myself.
I still smile and laugh,
But it's not the same,
It's really hidden.
I don't want to show it cause
I know I need to move on,
But I just want to know
If you still want to be friends.
I really miss you,
And this isn't the first time
We've had this argument
About the same person.
I can't believe what I did.
I really do hate myself.
I rather die than you hating me for years.
I don't want this to happen again,
And I promise,
I swear to God,
On my life that
What I did will never happen again
Because you're my best friend
And you mean the world to me.
You understood me so well
And I always listened to you,
I don't want that to change.
I rather get my ass kicked
Than see you get hurt again.
There's just something about you
That I just don't want to loose.
Can't you see I'm fading?
But I guess you can care less
But I don't blame you.
I did this to you
And I just wish it never happened.
Tammi Celina Lyons's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost My Best Friend by Tammi Celina Lyons )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(15 April 1958)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis
- At The Door Of Your Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Ghost Ship, Alicia Elsbeth Stallings