Tammi Celina Lyons
Lost My Best Friend
What have I done?
I made this happen
And now you won't talk to me.
This life won't be the same.
You're the missing piece
That I've been looking for
In a friend
And I just ruined that.
I'm so sorry.
My stupidity took over,
I wasn't thinking.
Losing you is like
I'm living in hell.
Can't you tell?
I'm miserable without you.
You were my best friend
And I guess this is the end.
I just lost you
And now I will never forgive myself.
I still smile and laugh,
But it's not the same,
It's really hidden.
I don't want to show it cause
I know I need to move on,
But I just want to know
If you still want to be friends.
I really miss you,
And this isn't the first time
We've had this argument
About the same person.
I can't believe what I did.
I really do hate myself.
I rather die than you hating me for years.
I don't want this to happen again,
And I promise,
I swear to God,
On my life that
What I did will never happen again
Because you're my best friend
And you mean the world to me.
You understood me so well
And I always listened to you,
I don't want that to change.
I rather get my ass kicked
Than see you get hurt again.
There's just something about you
That I just don't want to loose.
Can't you see I'm fading?
But I guess you can care less
But I don't blame you.
I did this to you
And I just wish it never happened.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost My Best Friend by Tammi Celina Lyons )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Bayard Taylor
(11 January 1825 – 19 December 1878)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent
- Whipoorwill, Kyle Schlicher
- Turning Over Rocks, Kyle Schlicher
- I am Native American, Spiritwind Wood
- Now I Can See, Kyle Schlicher
- Behind My Pain, Spiritwind Wood
- The History Will Hide…, Rajesh Thankappan