Today I sat down and cried
Not because I was physically hurt, nor was my pride
I cried for the ones that are terrified
Terrified they lead their lives meagerly
Criticizing other peoples lives so eagerly
So eagerly they seem to not have a clue
Is their lives such a bore they have nothing else to do?
Is it their insecurities, or is it ego?
To easily let other peoples lives forgo
Why are they paranoid of leading their lives meagerly,
Will always be a million dollar question to me
For me, its much easier to have a friend
Rather than another enemy.
However for them I will cry no more
Their fastidious nature I will learn to ignore
Cause I know now, accepting others is a choice not a chore!
Carl Leiland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meager Life? by Carl Leiland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar