Message From the Ageless
I was talking to a man
Who said he knew nothing
About Jesus love.
He said all he actually knew
Is that God had sent Him from above.
He said he never knew Him
He just lived from day to day
He knew God was in heaven
But he tried to live
To stay out of His way.
He said he use to drink
He said that he did drugs
And was never faithful to his wife
But he said in his heart
She was all he ever loved.
Nevertheless as he kept on living
In his own willful way
He would think more about the Lord
And if his withering soul
Could possibly one day be saved.
So he went to church one Sunday
As he thought a good Christian should
And that's when he stood and testified
That in his life
He'd been no good.
But he quietly did admit
That God had saved him from his sins
And he promised never to go backwards
He felt he didn't mind
For he'd lost most all his friends.
He said that God had saved him
And it wasn't just a phase
He said that God had did it
And he didn't have to ask
It came with what God called 'Age'.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Message From the Ageless by Cecelia Weir )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray