Oh! How sweet is a mother’s love,
Starting from the labour room;
Always trying the best to let her baby out without any scratch,
With tiredness after delivery, still asking after her baby.
Always watching over her baby on the cradle bed,
When the baby cries, she jumps up from wherever she is,
Curdling her babe until he stops crying.
Sleepless night became her custom.
When her baby is sick, she becomes sick also,
Training him up in love,
Chastising him when he goes wrong with affection;
Giving him hope and courage, helping him make good choices
Caring for her child from babyhood to childhood,
From childhood to adulthood, from adulthood to manhood,
Still giving her child advice
About the life he is going to face as a man.
From a child to a teenager, from a teenager to a man,
She has always been there, what a wonderful love of a mother!
Mother’s Love is cheering, encouraging and loving!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother's Love by Charity Osuji )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- My mother died today, Tammy Ashton
- A New Life, Toshie Nohara
- Noche de Amor Insomne, Lorca, Bob Reed