Can you feel the music,
As it calms your soul,
Music helps to keep us
on our feet.
Music is surely the soul
that connects within us all,
Nourishing and comforting us.
The beauty of soft melody
playing helps to relax our
mind and body and our
Variety of different music helps
us all to decide which rhythm our
soul wants for today.
Music helps us to blossom,
The same way as flowers
like a good tune or a sweet
Without music life would
have no nourishment to help
move us along,
life would feel dull.
Music fills the emptiness in
Spreading that joyful feeling.
Music has a way to always chase
away those dark clouds,
When feeling gloomy and sad,
Turn on that favorite song.
Music has come along way through
Nothing could never take away
the magic of music.
Derek James's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music by Derek James )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra