I go and get my new car today, boy I'm so excited
I chose it yesterday, I can't wait to be reunited
It's shiny and black with alloy wheels and a spoiler on the back.
I go and get my new car today, boy I just can't wait
I said I'd be back at four today, I don't want to be late
It's got leather trim on the inside and clips for a roof rack.
I go and get my new car today, boy I'm all jumbly inside
I know it runs well because I took it for a drive
It's got electric headlamps and the interior is black.
I go and get my new car today, boy it's nearly time
only thirty minutes left to go before that car is mine
It's fast and tricky to steer but I'll soon get the knack.
I go and get my new car today, boy it's really great
I just can't wait to show it to my mate
It's just the best car ever on my toy racing track!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Car by Melanie Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan