O Poor People
Let us invoke a healthy heart-breaking
Towards the horrible world:
Let us say 0 poor people
How can they help being so absurd,
Misguided, abused, misled?
With unsifted saving graces jostling about
On a mucky medley of needs,
Like love-lit shit,
Year after cyclic year
The unidentifiable flying god is missed.
Emotions sit in their heads disguised as judges,
Or are twisted to look like mathematical formulae,
And only a scarce god-given scientist notices
His trembling lip melting the heart of the rat.
Whoever gave us the idea somebody loved us?
Far in our wounded depths faint memories cry,
A vision flickers below subliminally
But immanence looms unbearably: TURN IT OFF! they hiss.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O Poor People by Elizabeth Smart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- A Daruman (He Is A Daruman, Sells Not, T.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Source of Revenue and Allocation, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I do Love You, Dechen Doma Sherpa
- Outcomes of Resolutions, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Nico's Request, Aiyabells 002
- On a condition..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Milk, Nassy Fesharaki
- Falling Fowards, Metaphorically Speaking
- Distance and time, Tom Squires