One minute thats all it takes,
One minute of madness,
Never again will you wake,
You would become overthrown by sadness.
Enough of all the lies, the pain, the confussion,
Enough with the feeling of hurt and fear,
Am i in a sudden state of delusion?
Why is the end looking so near?
Never have i felt so alone,
Never have i needed signs from above,
Many nights have i sat by the phone,
Longing to feel the emotion of love.
Who needs life? Who needs Family? Who needs friends?
In the end they won't be with you while you take your last breathe,
I won't have time to explain or try to make amends,
My past, my present, my future will ultimatly be the results of my death.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Minute by kenisha browning )
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
- Na Na, Angela K Brown
- Among The Nations, Richard Provencher
- Rest, Thomas Plotz
- No one can beat, hasmukh amathalal
- Football Rally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns