People come people go, every one,
Trespassing flowers with breezes that blow,
Some belong to lives not long then they're gone,
To live among change in memory's flow.
As Autumn's end sorrow sends Winter's test,
One by one people come bearing their gifts,
The lone trees mourn lost leaves torn from each nest,
Songs are sung life is strung between such drifts.
'Til Spring arrives so must thrive dormant seeds,
'Til fresh life, strong through strife, sends cautious peep,
While people come people go, fulfill needs,
Seeds we sow slowly grow whilst Summer's creep,
Still, one by one still we come, then we go,
Trespassing flowers as breezes that blow.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (People Come by Anthony Di'anno )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo
- Boys Will Be Girls, George Hunter
- Where is the Honor?, Maverick Jones
- Boys Will Be Boys, George Hunter