People come people go, every one,
Trespassing flowers with breezes that blow,
Some belong to lives not long then they're gone,
To live among change in memory's flow.
As Autumn's end sorrow sends Winter's test,
One by one people come bearing their gifts,
The lone trees mourn lost leaves torn from each nest,
Songs are sung life is strung between such drifts.
'Til Spring arrives so must thrive dormant seeds,
'Til fresh life, strong through strife, sends cautious peep,
While people come people go, fulfill needs,
Seeds we sow slowly grow whilst Summer's creep,
Still, one by one still we come, then we go,
Trespassing flowers as breezes that blow.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (People Come by Anthony Di'anno )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ominous Silence, Valsa George
- Contemporary Indian English Poetesses, S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 11बा गोथौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- When My Obedience Is Fulfilled, Rex mayor Ubini
- My Gown Of Dust, Rex mayor Ubini
- Dear God, Tara Stano
- Importance Of Nothing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- falling dead, Afrodita Alkline
- Monsoon Showers, Jaipal Singh
- My legs and my hands, gajanan mishra