You cradled the world in a tear
You holdout a flask and catch it.
But there’s nobody else in there.
You’re just unwilling to admit it.
You spin a web to keep out the cold
You entrap yourself in your own web,
But its silken prison will not hold.
Before you know it more tears ebb.
Oh how you wish you were dead
But as the tears evaporate
Yours eyes clear their bloodshed,
Empty shell cases till a serrate!
New pain recharges your heart again.
—A boy who loves you watches you.
Now he watches over you.
As you unravel, again, and again to his love.
Eyes flashing like a flashlight
Now all your tears are aglow.
Like a rainbow heading anywhere
Than; another empty sacrificial cloud.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sacrificial cloud by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Something nags me!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Cosmology, Don Tiedemann
- In Lamplight, Don Tiedemann
- Denouncing Trinity, Richard Thripp
- A Hollow Spaceship, Richard Thripp
- My Worn Heart, Liilia Talts Morrison
- 1912 through 1916, Richard Thripp
- Monarch Butterfly, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Mooch Winnipeg, jerome moore
- yer mom hath a lithp, Mandolyn Davidson