Signs Of Tension
Signs of tension all around
some can manage some can not
some try hard but then leave
early, others simply pass it on
pressure on but how to manage?
try this and that or wait and see
is it time to ask the question?
what shit question should it be?
times like these are unrelenting
were we made to withstand this?
where's the light or hope or answer
where’s the cliff the rope the pill
today’s a day of realization
this must end must find escape
is it time to snuff the candle?
is it time to bang the gong?
in the end just two decisions
what to write and how to go
strangely calm now easy easy
all will soon now pass along
an early night and a
good big breakfast
a walk in the park
on the way to work
children on the
big swings playing
one little brat put
her tongue out at me
Sean Joyce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Signs Of Tension by Sean Joyce )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Directory of Unpublished Poets, mary douglas
- You Cannot See, Breanna Elwin
- The Rose Tender, Ravi Joshi
- The Fish, Bhaskar Rabha
- सिमांखौ गोसोखांनानै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Lights, Camera, Action, Sandra Feldman
- Turned Onto Suicidal Paths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Last Page, Bhaskar Rabha
- Peace, SALINI NAIR
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale, Gert Strydom