I thought I would marry him, but I'm not.
I thought they would understand, but they don't
Im sorry, but I can't live like this any longer.
I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't talk.
All I can do is stare into a daze, seeing something that's not there and thinking of something that was never real.
Worst of all, I dream of things that will never come true.
Impossibilities run through my unrealistic mind night and day,
Fooling me into believing something ridiculous would happen.
How stupid I am, was, and always will be. Until today.
Today i sleep.
Amber Carreon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep by Amber Carreon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston
- Slow Song for Mark Rothko, John Taggart
- Refrains for Robert Quine, John Taggart
- Precious Lord, John Taggart
- Needs, Nalini Chaturvedi
- One(1) Classroom, herbert guitang
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Nasha pyaar ka, binod bastola