Dave Tanguay (Nov.8,1948 / Westbrook, maine)
Straight As in love (poem)
The emphasis is on education we must develop the mind
Politicians proclaim, - we shall leave no child shall be left behind
Within four walls children are taught the importance of intelligence
With a high I.Q. - socially one gains highly respected acceptance
They study, they study, read their books through and through
Gaining knowledge of the system making sense of all the pooh
Their courses include a journey - way back in time
Where they claim we got our start from swinging from a vine
In biology class they learn all the functions of the heart
Excluding the love - not detected on their study chart
Psychology is required a course they must pass
For it explains in detail all the makings of an ass
I was never on top of my class when it came learning the rules
But I made straight A’s in love, - an art not taught in our schools
Poet Other Poems
- A thought for 9/11 (poem)
- A thought to begin each day (poem)
- Another Election Rolls Around in the Goo...
- Artist and war (poem)
- As simple as “Love” (poem)
- Beauty glows from within (poem)
- Days Goodness (poem)
- Fall views (poem)
- Father forgive them! For they know not w...
- Getting old? I don’t think so! (poem)
- Ground Control to the One We Trust!
- Hot summer (Haiku)
- How freedom is played! (poem)
- I am a schizo-what? (poem)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.